Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Death. It is something that Neil and I have had to experience all too often in our life. Mostly suicide, which saddens and confuses me. I mean can we not give the people around us enough love that they not needlessly take their own life. I know it isn't our fault, nor is there anything we could have done different but FUCK I'm tired of having to hear this horrible news over and over again. The first suicide Neil and I went through together was his grandfather in 2001. Then it was Joe about 6 months later. Then James the following year. Then Matt a few months after that...and now Tammy. Not to mention the other people that die in accidents or old age that we've been to. I feel like we funeral hop like most people bar hop. Not really, and I should't say that but sometimes it is true. I have been to three funerals this month and 5 total this year. Most of these are young people that had the rest of their lives to live....although to be fair only two this year have been suicide. Two too many.

6 Comments:

Blogger j.sterling said...

what?!?! good lord, why haven't you posted about any of this?!? what the heck.. why so many suicides? reasons? notes? WHAT?! i hate when people kill themselves, because you are left with nothing but guilt and questions. and it's not fair to those left behind.. it's selfish.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I posted at MM about Tammy last week. The others I might have posted about at the time, I odn't remember. Tammy is the only person that has left a note. Next time Point tags me, how bet you let me know! I just saw it yesterday!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jeez....that's horrible!
I once felt that way about motorcycles. I once went to 4 funerals in one year all from motorcycle accidents.

But suicide is just confusing. And everyone around them blames themselves.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

My best friend in High School died in a motorcycle accident. My uncle (he died about 12 years ago in a car accident) had his left leg cut off in a motorcycle accident when I was about 2.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

it IS two too many. i talked to you about this last nite though but i still wanted to send ya hugs!

4:48 PM  
Blogger spidey said...

That is so sad. I've only known a few people who have committed suicide, but you are right, it is a few too many.

My mom's first husband (and my brother's biological father) committed suicide either when my mom was pregnant or shortly after my brother was born. She never talks about it, and I don't ask her. It has been very hard on her and on my brother as well.

I'm so sorry that you have had to go through this so many times. :(

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home