Thursday, July 27, 2006

The greatest compliment

Dj and I were talking about marriage the other night while Neil was giving Jill (Dj's girlfriend) some pointers about bowling. Why Neil was giving pointers I'll never know...She kicked him ass. But whatever, lol We were talking about marriages that work, and don't work, and what makes a successful marriage. None of this I have an answer too, I can only offer him what has and hasn't worked for me. He told me that he thought if he and Jill had a marriage as good as Neil and I do that they would be set for life. How when they discuss marriage we always come up as that perfect union. It made me smile. He also gave me some insight as to why it works so well. While Neil is a taker by nature and I'm a giver we both work to give and take for an equal balance. I've never really thought about it until he pointed it out to me. Now that I see that though, I think when we aren't getting along or one is just in a pissy mood maybe I'll be able to look and see why. Or I hope so anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger spidey said...

That is so nice. No one would say that about me and Jason, but that's okay. We are working on it. :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home